Office of Training and Development has three core functions:
1. Ensure that all Federal Air Marshal Service (FAMS) personnel receive the training they require to effectively and efficiently perform their respective duties and provide oversight of TSA law enforcement training programs, to include Crew Member Self-Defense and Federal Flight Deck Officer training programs.
2. Provides direction and technical assistance to design, develop and implement information technology based programs and maintains the enterprise architecture and security protocols that support the mission of the FAMS.
3. Provide expert, rapidly deployable, national level resources to conduct all aspects of Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosives (CBRNE) security and training for the Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, and Federal Air Marshal Service.
The directorate consists of the following divisions:
- Training Management Division
- Federal Air Marshal Training Center (New Jersey & New Mexico)
- Infrastructure Support and Development Division
- Explosives Division
Want to know more about our Mission? Our Mission
Who are the people of the Federal Air Marshal Service? Our People
Interested in learning more about our training and the qualifications our Federal Air Marshals have? Our Training
Think you have what it takes to be a part of the Federal Air Marshal Service? I am FAMS