Duties and Responsibilities: The incumbent functions as a screening manager responsible for individuals at screening checkpoints. The incumbent works under close supervision and review. Managers screening checkpoints that are central to Transportation Security Administration (TSA) objectives and that will serve to protect the traveling public by preventing any deadly or dangerous objects from being transported onto an aircraft. Maintains communication with supervisors regarding any issues that might reveal a weakness or vulnerable area of security screening that is discovered in the course of screening duties. Participates in information briefings concerning security-sensitive or classified information.
- Skill in managing a staff working various shifts.
- Knowledge of the theories, dynamics and factors underlying the aviation screening process.
- Ability to operate basic security equipment at screening checkpoints.
- Ability to communicate non-technical information effectively to others.
- Ability to manage a diverse workforce and lead others, including planning and assigning work; monitoring, assessing and improving performance; selecting employees; and promoting equal employment opportunities, human relations and employee participation.