The purpose of providing Career Path Information and tools is to:
- Help employees build skills and progress to other TSA jobs or band levels,
- Assist supervisors in career development coaching of employees, and
- Provide job information that can serve as a basis for TSA to better recruit, select, coach, develop, train, and reward highly qualified staff.
Below is a brief overview of how to use career path tools. For more detailed information, refer to the User's Guide to Career Path Information.
These guides are for career planning purposes only. They are not intended to be used as a job description, as Job Analysis Tools, or for performance purposes.
How to Use Career Path Tools
- If you know which job you are interested in, go to the Job List below and click on the title. This will take you to the overall job profile for a particular position. Once in the job profile, you can obtain more details on a particular function or competency.
- For assistance in assessing your skills and interests, refer to either the TSA Career Planning Guide or contact one of the TSA's professional career coaches at TSA Career Coaching Service.
TSA Job List
- Executive Federal Security Director (EFSD) and Executive Deputy Federal Security Director (EDFSD)
- Federal Security Director K Band
- Federal Security Director J Band
- Deputy Federal Security Director J Band
- Deputy Federal Security Director I Band
- Assistant Federal Security Director (AFSD) Generalist
- Assistant Federal Security Director (AFSD) for Screening
- Assistant Federal Security Director (AFSD) for Inspections
- Assistant Federal Security Director (AFSD) for Operations
- Assistant Federal Security Director (AFSD) for Law Enforcement
- Training Coordinator
- Scheduling Operations Officer
- Supervisory Transportation Security Officer
- Lead Transportation Security Officer
- Transportation Security Manager
- Transportation Security Officer