Security Officer Advancement Resources (SOAR)
A Message from Richard Whitford, Assistant Administrator for Human Capital
I am pleased to introduce SOAR, a compilation of career development resources to assist the Transportation Security Officer workforce in planning their Federal careers.
SOAR includes the following career development resources:
- Information about selected TSA occupations beyond the typical TSO career path
- Descriptions of selected positions in security, law enforcement, and administration in other DHS components, our SOAR Partners.
- Links to career planning tools and services in the TSA Career Toolbox, accessible from the Employee Services section of the TSA Intranet and from the Online Learning Center splash page. Look for two new career development resources that will be useful to all TSA employees in advancing their careers:
(1) TSA Federal Applications Handbook - provides tips on how to put your best foot forward when applying for federal jobs
(2) Navigating USAJOBS - provides strategies for using the USAJOBS Website effectively
TSA is committed to providing helpful career information and resources to help you plan and develop your career. We welcome your questions, comments and suggestions for expanding the resources available through SOAR at TSAcareertoolbox@dhs.gov.
A Reminder: All TSA employees are eligible to receive confidential career planning assistance from a professional career coach. To request a telephone appointment with a career coach, call Toll Free: 1-866-619-3697. TTY callers: 1-800-877-8339 and request 1-866-542-9096.