The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
TSA employees please note: if you wish to obtain access to your Official Personnel Folder (OPF) or workers' compensation claims, please follow this link: http://www.tsa.gov/research-center/tsa-employee-records
How do I submit a FOIA request?
A FOIA request can be submitted by mail, fax or E-mail.
Transportation Security Administration, TSA-20, East Tower
601 South 12th Street
Arlington, VA 20598-6020
Your FOIA request must contain the following information:
- Your name, address and telephone number. If you have an email address, please provide it.
- State you are making a FOIA request.
- Provide specific detailed information about the records you are seeking.
- Indicate what format you would like the information requested to be provided to you in, if it is other than paper.
- State your willingness to pay any fees and indicate how much you are willing to pay as advance authorization to process.
If you are mailing your request please prominently mark on the envelope "FOIA Request." In addition, prior to submitting a FOIA request you may want to search our web page to see if the information is already posted.
How do I follow up on my request?
You should receive an acknowledgement letter within 4-5 business days after we received your request. This letter will contain a TSA tracking number for your request. If you contact us by phone or by mail please have this number available.