The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
TSA employees please note: if you wish to obtain access to your Official Personnel Folder (OPF) or workers' compensation claims, please follow this link: http://www.tsa.gov/research-center/tsa-employee-records
The Privacy Act of 1974 allows an individual, upon request, to gain access to his/her record or any information pertaining to themselves, which is contained in a system of records. Please follow the instructions below to submit a Privacy Act request.
How do I submit a Privacy Act Request to TSA?
Privacy Act requests are handled by the TSA Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) office. Individuals seeking to submit a request under the Privacy Act should submit a request, in writing, to the FOIA/PA office:
Transportation Security Administration, TSA-20, East Tower
601 South 12th Street
Arlington, VA 20598-6020
Your Privacy Act request must contain the following information:
- Your name, address and telephone number. If you have an email address, please provide it.
- Clearly label the request as a Privacy Act request
- Provide specific detailed information about the records you are seeking.
- Indicate what format you would like the information requested to be provided to you in, if it is other than paper.
- State your willingness to pay any fees and indicate how much you are willing to pay as advance authorization to process.
- If you are mailing your request please prominently mark on the envelope "PrivacyAct Request."
Please Note: Requests must comply with DHS regulations at 6 CFR Chapter 1, Part 5.
How do I follow up on my request?
You should receive an acknowledgement letter soon after we received your request. This letter will contain a TSA tracking number for your request. If you contact us by phone or by mail please have this number available.