Our mission is to examine areas of civil aviation security with the aim of developing recommendations for the improvement of civil aviation security methods, equipment, and procedures.
» Click here for our full charter.
» Click here for our approved Bylaws.
- May 5, 2015 - Full committee meeting (in person). Complete agenda to be determined, but will include status updates from subcommittees. Closed meeting.
- September 2, 2015 - Full committee meeting (in person). Complete agenda to be determined, but will include status updates from subcommittees. Closed meeting.
- November 20, 2015 - Annual Meeting. Open to the public. Notice to be published within 30 days of the meeting date.
Click here for a complete membership list.
Research and Guidance Documents
Airport Access Control Report
This report, dated April 8, 2015, is a comprehensive review, conducted at the direction of Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson that evaluates areas where TSA and industry can take action to improve airport employee access control. The ASAC working group that developed this report comprised an amalgam of industry representatives to include law enforcement, airport authorities, airlines and aircraft operators. Recommendations are organized around the following five areas: 1) Security Screening and Inspection; 2) Vetting of Employees and Security Threat Assessments; 3) Internal Controls and Auditing of Airport-Issued Credentials; 4) Risk-Based Security for Higher Risk Populations and Intelligence; and 5) Security Awareness and Vigilance.
» Click here to read the report. (PDF, 567kb)
TSA Recommended Security Guidelines for Airport Planning, Design and Construction which provides guidance to the commercial airport industry on many subjects to include: airport layout, security screening, emergency response, access control, identification management, biometrics, and communications.
» Click here to read the most recent version, dated May 2011. (PDF, 4.7 MB)
The Planning Guidelines and Design Standards for Airport Checked Baggage Inspection Systems are part of the Baggage Screening Investment Study (BSIS) undertaken by the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) in consultation with the aviation industry during 2006. The BSIS Guidelines are intended to assist planners and designers in developing cost-effective solutions and to convey TSA requirements for checked baggage inspection systems.
Baggage Screening Investment Study Synopsis
The Baggage Screening Investment Study defines an investment strategy for the Transportation Security Administration's Electronic Baggage Screening Program, which will accelerate the deployment of Explosives Detection System equipment and more automated checked baggage screening systems at U.S. airports, thereby improving security and lowering life-cycle costs.
» Click here to read the rest of the synopsis. (PDF, 50 KB)
Recent ASAC Meetings
April 3, 2015 ASAC Meeting Summary
February 17, 2015 ASAC Meeting Summary
February 2, 2015 ASAC Meeting Summary
October 3, 2014 ASAC Meeting Summary
July 11, 2014 ASAC Meeting Summary
Information from Past ASAC Meetings
September 10, 2009 ASAC Meeting
December 15, 2011 ASAC Meeting
- ASAC Meeting Agenda (PDF, 206 KB)
- Risk-Based Security Brief (PDF, 1 MB)
- Air Cargo Brief (PDF, 39 KB)
- General Aviation Brief (PDF, 671 KB)
- ASAC Meeting Summary Dec 15, 2011 (PDF, 418 KB)
May 21, 2012 ASAC Meeting
- ASAC Meeting Agenda (PDF, 36 KB)
- Statement of Wendy Thomson to ASAC (PDF, 100 KB)
- Statement of NAAP to ASAC (PDF, 236 KB)
- Statement of SIA to ASAC (PDF, 140 KB)
- ASAC Meeting Summary May 21, 2012 (PDF, 412 KB)
September 18, 2012 ASAC Meeting
- ASAC Meeting Agenda (PDF, 206 KB)
- ASAC Risk-Based Security Subcommittee Preliminary Agreement and Focus (PDF, 181 KB)
- National Association of Airline Passengers Talking Points (PDF, 16 KB)
- Statement of Wendy Thomson to ASAC (PDF, 16 KB)
- Statement of Hilary Waldron to ASAC (PDF, 49 KB)
- Statement of Sommer Gentry to ASAC (PDF, 8 MB)
- Statement of OAW to ASAC (PDF, 16 KB)
- Notice of Federal Advisory Committee Meeting (PDF, 16 KB)
- ASAC Meeting Summary Sept 18, 2012 (PDF, 472 KB)
February 6, 2013 ASAC Meeting
- ASAC Detailed Agenda (PDF, 208 KB)
- ASAC Meeting Summary (PDF, 661 KB)
- Federal Register Notice (PDF, 199 KB)
- Air Cargo Recommendations (PDF, 81 KB)
- International Aviation Recommendations (PDF, 74 KB)
April 22, 2013 ASAC Meeting
- Federal Register Notice (PDF, 191 KB)
July 22, 2013 ASAC Meeting
- ASAC Meeting Summary (PDF, 456 KB)
- Federal Register Notice (PDF, 224 KB)
- Air Cargo Sub-Commitee Meeting Report and Recommendations (PDF, 35 KB)
- Recommended Security Guidelines for General Aviation Airports and Users (PDF, 1,034 KB)
- ASAC Passenger Advocacy Subcommittee Reccommendations (PDF, 148 KB)
- Quadrennial Homeland Security Review Briefing (PDF, 177 KB)
- ASAC Passenger Advocacy Minority Report Part 1 (PDF, 42 KB)
- ASAC Passenger Advocacy Minority Report Part 2 (PDF, 94 KB)