Claims Management Branch (CMB)
What is the first step I should take when I realize my property has been damaged?
If your property has been damaged AND you believe that it was due to the negligence of TSA (as opposed to the air carrier), please download a claims package and submit the forms to TSA via FAX or mail. The online submission will be the fastest option.
If you believe the damage was caused by your air carrier, please file a claim with your air carrier. Most carriers post claim information on their websites.
Remember to include all receipts, pictures, appraisals, repair estimates, baggage tags, and other supporting documents. For online submissions, remember to include the signed acknowledgement form. For more information about TSA claims, please see our claims process.
NOTE: Critical life-supporting medications and property will be expedited through the claims process.
TSA generally does not reimburse passengers for fragile items that are placed in checked baggage as they are easily damaged by the carrier's baggage handling process. Fragile items should be carried with the passenger or professionally packaged and shipped ahead of your flight. Laptops and other electronics should likewise be carried with the passenger. NEVER place electronics in your checked baggage.
Additionally, TSA has sixteen airports that utilize private screening services and does not handle claims for incidents that occur at these airports. Claims pertaining to these airports must be filed directly with the company providing screener services at the applicable airport. To file a claim for an incident that occurred at one of these private screening airports, please select one of the following links:
- San Francisco, CA (www.covenantclaims.com)
- Kansas City, MO (www.firstlinets.com)
- Sioux Falls, SD (www.passengersfirst.com)
- Rochester, NY (www.mcneilsecurity.com)
- Tupelo, MS (www.passengersfirst.com)
- Jackson Hole, WY (www.jacksonholeairport.com)
- Key West, FL (www.mcneilraytheonteam.com)
- Sonoma, CA (www.passengersfirst.com)
- Roswell, NM (www.bossecurity-firstlineteam.com)
- Havre City-County, MT (www.passengersfirst.com)
- Lewistown, MT (www.passengersfirst.com)
- Glasgow, MT (www.passengersfirst.com)
- L.M. Clayton, MT (www.passengersfirst.com)
- Sidney-Richland, MT (www.passengersfirst.com)
- Dawson Community, MT (www.passengersfirst.com)
- Frank Wiley Field, MT (www.passengersfirst.com)
¹ Sioux Falls, SD: Claims for incidents that occured prior to 2/5/2006 should be sent to the TSA Claims Management Office. For incidents that occured on or after 2/5/2006 - 12/31/2010, claims should be sent to the Covenant Claims. (www.covenantclaims.com) For incidents that occured on or after 1/1/2012, claims should be sent to the Passengersfirst. (www.passengersfirst.com)
² Tupelo, MS: Claims for incidents that occured prior to 5/16/2006 should be sent to Covenant Claims. (www.covenantclaims.com) Claims for incidents that occured on or after 5/16/2006 should be sent to Passengersfirst. (www.passengersfirst.com)