Transportation Security Fees
Air carriers subject to TSA Security Fees must initiate monthly payments to TSA as per our regulations 49 C.F.R. 1510 and 1511. Invoices will not be sent. If you are unable to use any of these methods, please contact the Office of Revenue by sending an email to TSA-Fees@dhs.gov or by phone at 571-227-2323 for additional payment assistance.
Payment Option One
Paying via Pay.Gov secure Internet remittance platform, using direct withdrawal from a bank account (ACH Debit in U.S. dollars). This option is provided free of charge to air carriers.
It is imperative that during this process you do not use the “BACK” button in the Internet ICON bar. Please follow the links provided during the process.
- Go to http://www.pay.gov. If you do not have a username or password, please contact Rose Kline with the following information: Full Name, Position Title, Air Carrier Name, Air Carrier Mailing Address, E-mail address, phone number (including extensions), and fax number.
- Login using your assigned username and password (it is case sensitive).
- From the options listed, select “Forms, Private Forms” and then select either “Aviation Security Infrastructure Fee” or “September 11th Security Fee”.
- Enter carrier name, point of contact information (name, phone number and e-mail address), select payment month/year from the drop down menu and enter your amount.
- The 'Reference Number' field should remain blank until TSA provides specific population information to air carriers.
- Click “Submit Data” button at the bottom of the page.
- Enter account information and click “Continue with ACH Payment”.
- Review Payment Summary and Authorization, check the box for the authorization and disclosure statement, and then click on “Submit Data” button.
- Click “Print a Copy” for your records.
- If processing another payment, click “Return to Available Forms”. If not processing another payment, click “Logout” in the upper right hand corner. Upon successful payment processing you will receive an e-mail notification from the Pay.Gov Administration Office.
Payment Option Two
Paying via Wire Transfer/Domestic Fed Wire. You, as the sender of a wire transfer, must provide the sending bank with the information for the boldfaced items numbered 1, 5, 7, 9 and 10. The sending bank supplies information for items numbered 2, 3, 4, 6 and 8.
- Receiver's ABA Number: 021030004 - This is the routing symbol for the US Treasury at the Federal Reserve Bank in New York.
- Type Subtype: provided by the sending bank.
- Sending Bank's ARB Number: provided by the sending bank.
- Sending Bank's Reference Number: provided by the sending bank.
- Amount: Provide the dollar amount of the transfer. Ensure that the amount is punctuated with commas and a decimal point (example: $1,000,000.00). Be sure to account for any fees imposed by your bank to process the transaction.
- Sending Bank's Name: provided by the sending bank.
- Receiver's Name: TREAS NYC - Ensure that the sending bank enters this abbreviation. It must be used for all wire transfers to the Treasury Department.
- Product Code: normally CTR, or as provided by sending bank
- Beneficial (BNF) Agency Location Code: 70110001 - Ensure that the sending bank enters this eight-digit number as shown. This is the Agency Location Code for the Transportation Security Administration.
- Reason for Payment: "September 11th Security Fee” or “Aviation Security Infrastructure Fee” for “Month”, “Year", “Amount” and “Carrier Name”. This information is required to ensure that your wire transfer is properly credited.
Payment Option Three
NEW Effective 2/1/11
Only available for fees less than $1,000. Check drawn on US bank or money orders can be mailed to:
United States Department of Homeland Security
Transportation Security Administration
P.O. Box 530262
Atlanta, GA 30353-0262
Bank of America
United States DHS/TSA
Lockbox Number 530262
1075 Loop Road
Atlanta, GA 30337-6002
Please be sure to include proper remittance advice including carrier name, fee, month, and year. TSA processes all check through Electronic Check Processing. If you send us a check, it will be converted into an electronic funds transfer (EFT). This means we will copy your check and use the account information on it to electronically debit your account for the amount of the check. The debit from your account will usually occur within 24 hours, and will be shown on your regular account statement. You will not receive your original check back. We will destroy your original check, but we will keep the copy of it.
If the EFT cannot be processed for technical reasons, you authorize us to process the copy in place of your original check. If the EFT cannot be completed because of insufficient funds, we may try to make the transfer up to 2 times. All banking fees are the responsibility of the carrier.
Payment Option Four
International SWIFT Instructions. Funds must be remitted in U.S. Dollar value and all banking fees are the responsibility of the carrier and shall not be deducted from the amount owed to TSA.
Beneficiary Account: Federal Reserve Bank of New York/ITS (can be abbreviated: FRBNY/ITS) Bank: Citibank N.A. (New York) SWIFT CODE: CITIUS33 Account Number: 36838868 Bank Address: 388 Greenwich Street, New York, NY 10013 Payment Details (Line 70): ALC TSA 70110001 Detail of Charges (Line 71a): Our
Please be sure to include proper remittance advice including carrier name, fee, month, and year.
Note, for a USD payment, the payment sender must include the Agency’s ALC and the Agency name (may be abbreviated to save space) as shown above in the Payment Details (Line 70) section of the SWIFT message. This information must be in this section of the payment instructions or ITS will not be able to identify for which Agency the payment is intended. Without this identifying information, ITS will be required to return the payment as unidentified or non‑postable. The receiving account is in the name of “Federal Reserve Bank of New York/ITS” and the payment originator should list that as the name on the beneficiary account. Additionally, we instruct the sender to code line 71A (Detail of Charges) as “Our” or “Charge Our”. This will charge any processing fees back to the sender and prevent them from being debited from the payment.