A vital security measure that will ensure individuals who pose a threat do not gain unescorted access to secure areas of the nation’s maritime transportation system.
1) 4/22/14: Important Notice for TWIC Applicants: TSA is upgrading its technology to improve reliability, expand capabilities, and more effectively support TSA’s mission. During the system upgrade, specific TWIC card services will be TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE:
Services for Card Transfers, Card Replacements and Extended Expiration Date (EED) TWIC ARE NOW UNAVAILABLE through Sunday, May 4th, 2014.
Card Pick-Up, Activation and Personal Identification Number (PIN) Resets will be unavailable from Saturday, April 26th through Sunday, May 4th, 2014:
If you have a card that is ready for pick up and activation or need to have a PIN reset, please consider visiting the designated Universal Enrollment Services (UES) enrollment center for activation by Friday, April 25th or after May 4th.
ENROLLMENT SITES WILL BE OPEN AND AVAILABLE:
- Please note that all enrollment sites for TWIC, HME and TSA Pre✓™ Application Program WILL BE OPEN and AVAILABLE for enrollment services and NOT impacted by the system upgrade. All TWIC card services will become available beginning Monday, May 4th.
- If you have any questions about the availability of card services, please contact the Universal Enrollment Services (UES) Call Center at 1-855-DHS-UES1 (855-347-8371) between 8am – 10pm Eastern, Monday through Friday.
2) 4/22/14: Pre-Enrollment Now Available for TWIC Applicants: TWIC applicants may now begin enrollment/application process by entering biographic information online before visiting an enrollment center to complete the application process. To pre-enroll, please visit the Universal Enrollment Services website at https://universalenroll.dhs.gov, click on the TWIC program icon and select the “Pre-Enroll” link from the list of available services.
3) If you hold a TWIC that expires on or before December 31, 2014 and you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. national you will be able to replace your expiring TWIC with a 3-year Extended Expiration Date (EED) TWIC. To order an EED TWIC or a card replacement, you may contact the UES Call Center at 1-855-DHS-UES1 (1-855-347-8371) Monday through Friday from 8 AM - 10 PM Eastern. Alternatively, click here to order your EED TWIC or card replacement online.
If you need further information, please contact the UES Call Center at 1-855-DHS-UES1 (1-855-347-8371) Monday through Friday from 8 AM - 10 PM Eastern.
Employers,Unions, and Facility Owner/Operators
If you have questions regarding TWIC enforcement and policy guidance, please contact the USCG Help Desk at 1-877-MTSA-AID (1-877-687-2243; option #1) or at email@example.com. Note: Owners/operators/FSOs/VSOs/CSOs are encouraged to seek guidance directly from their local Captain of the Port TWIC action officer.