24/7 Access to Information You Need
The My TSA mobile application (app) provides airline passengers with 24/7 access to the most frequently requested airport security information on any mobile device. Using this app can save passengers time and money by sharing helpful tips to prepare for security before getting to the airport, including knowing what items can and can’t go through security in checked or carry-on baggage.
The My TSA app includes the following features:
- “Can I Bring_____?”: Users can type in an item they plan to bring on a trip to find out if it is permitted or prohibited, and whether they should pack it in carry-on or checked bags. If the item isn’t in our current database, the user can submit it for consideration.
- TSA Pre✓™ Location Information: Airports with TSA Pre✓™ lanes are identified with the TSA Pre✓™ icon. If you’re eligible for expedited screening, tap the TSA Pre✓™ icon for your departure airport to get checkpoint and participating airline information.
- Guide: The most frequently requested information is presented in the Guide, including information for passengers traveling with children; acceptable ID; 3-1-1 rules for liquids, gels and aerosols; information for travelers with disabilities, medical conditions or medical devices; tips for dressing and packing to speed through security; tips for military members; and information on traveling with food and gifts.
- Airport Status: Users can see which airports are experiencing general delays (not flight specific) or search for conditions at a specific airport. Airport status information is provided by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and airport weather information is provided by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
- Security Wait Times: My TSA gives passengers the ability to post their checkpoint wait time and see what wait times other passengers have posted for U.S. airports. This real-time information can help passengers plan to arrive at the airport on time.
- Feedback: My TSA enables users to email or call TSA’s Contact Center to provide feedback or ask a question.
- Videos: The app gives users access to informational videos on the 3-1-1 liquids rule, traveling with children and advanced imaging technology.