TSA Pre✓® allows low-risk travelers to experience expedited, more efficient security screening at participating U.S. airport checkpoints.
What does TSA Pre✓® mean for travelers?
TSA Pre✓® Experience:
No Removal of:
How does TSA Pre✓® work?
TSA Pre✓® includes certain frequent flyers of participating airlines, members of the TSA Pre✓® application program or participants of a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Trusted Traveler program (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI).
TSA will always incorporate random and unpredictable security measures throughout the airport and no individual will be guaranteed TSA Pre✓® screening.
Travelers who are eligible for TSA Pre✓® should follow these steps at the airport to experience TSA Pre✓®:
- If you have a TSA Pre✓® indicator on your boarding pass, proceed to the TSA Pre✓® lane;
- Present your boarding pass and Government-issued ID to the Travel Document Checker;
- Have the TSA Travel Document Checker scan your boarding pass barcode;
- Remember that your children age 12 and under may go with you; and
- Keep on your shoes and belt, your laptop in its case, and your 3-1-1 compliant bag in your carry-on.
Learn more about the four Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Trusted Traveler programs that include TSA Pre✓® eligibility at www.DHS.gov. These programs are customized based on travel needs and many of them have reciprocal benefits.