TSA Pre✓® allows low-risk travelers to experience expedited, more efficient security screening at participating U.S. airport checkpoints.
What does TSA Pre✓® mean for travelers?
TSA Pre✓® Experience:
No Removal of:
How does TSA Pre✓® work?
TSA will always incorporate random and unpredictable security measures throughout the airport and no individual will be guaranteed TSA Pre✓® screening.
Travelers who are eligible for TSA Pre✓® should follow these steps at the airport to experience TSA Pre✓®:
- If you have a TSA Pre✓® indicator on your boarding pass, proceed to the TSA Pre✓® lane;
- Present your boarding pass and Government-issued ID to the Travel Document Checker;
- Have the TSA Travel Document Checker scan your boarding pass barcode;
- Remember that your children age 12 and under may go with you; and
- Keep on your shoes and belt, your laptop in its case, and your 3-1-1 compliant bag in your carry-on.
Learn more about the four Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Trusted Traveler programs that include TSA Pre✓® eligibility at www.DHS.gov. These programs are customized based on travel needs and many of them have reciprocal benefits.