Welcome (Commenting Disabled)

Wednesday, January 30, 2008
welcome

Two million travelers come in contact with the Transportation Security Administration every day. It is an intense experience all around -- extremely personal in some senses but also impersonal at the same time.

There is no time to talk, to listen, to engage with each other. There isn’t much opportunity for our Security Officers to explain the ‘why,’ of what we ask you to do at the checkpoint, just the ‘what’ needs to be done to clear security. The result is that the feedback and venting ends up circulating among passengers with no real opportunity for us to learn from you or vice versa. We get feedback verbally and non-verbally at the checkpoint and see a lot in the blogs, again without a real dialogue.

Our ambition is to provide here a forum for a lively, open discussion of TSA issues. While I and senior leadership of TSA will participate in the discussion, we are turning the keyboard over to several hosts who represent what’s best about TSA (its people). Our hosts aren’t responsible for TSA’s policies, nor will they have to defend them -- their job is to engage with you straight-up and take it from there. Our hosts will have access to senior leadership but will have very few editorial constraints. Our postings from the public will be reviewed to remove the destructive but not touch the critical or cranky.

Please be patient and good-humored as we get underway. The opportunity is that we will incorporate what we learn in this forum in our checkpoint process evolution. We will not only give you straight answers to your questions but we will challenge you with new ideas and involve you in upcoming changes.

One of my major goals of 2008 is to get TSA and passengers back on the same side, working together. We need your help to get the checkpoint to be a better environment for us to do our security job and for you to get through quickly and onto your flight. Seems like the way to get that going is for us to open up and hear your feedback...

Thanks for joining us,

Kip Hawley

Tags:

Comments

Submitted by I Don't Fly Any More on

Cowards at TSA won't post my comment. They can't stop me from speaking the truth, though. Carol Gotbaum, Carol Gotbaum, Carol Gotbaum.

Submitted by Kdewechter on

The most frustrating part in this post 9/11 world is the lack of common sense in security. My husband and I, along with our 3 children (3,5&7) were flying Philly to Orlando with a connection in Atlanta. It was September and still very warm. Upon boarding the connecting flight, I was stopped for the full security check, along with another "blond" mother with an infant. Both husbands were forced to board with the children and we were told the TSA was not responsible if we missed our flight due to security checks. While we were being searched, 3 middle-eastern men, wearing long winter, wool overcoats with backpacks were allowed to board. My husband later told me two of the gentlemen entered the lavs immediately upon boarding. Obviously, since I'm still here to talk about it, nothing happened, but this could have been a terrorist practice run. This is not meant to be politically incorrect, just an observation--mothers flying with their children did not fly planes into the WTC. Until we stop sidestepping the profiling issue, we will NEVER be safe. The FBI employs profilers for a reason--it works!

Submitted by Tsaisbs on

I stopped flying aftern the Carol Gotbaum incident.

Submitted by Swisso on

It looks like that TSA has realized that should be with the public and not against the public.

I have some questions from historical issues with TSA
1)What happened with the Chinese cook who travelled with knives on Sep 12 2001? Was him a terrorist? His case was on CNN.
2)What happened with the TSA screeners ( in MIA) that used their positions to steal jewellery?
How many TSA employees have been prosecuted due to inconduct in the job?
3) How many terrorists has TSA caught from Sep 11?
4)How many US citizens were caught by TSA and then released?

I like to see statistics showing the efficiency of TSA .

regarding travelling

what are the guidelines regarding precious metal transportation?
Case scenario

I have a heavy gold bracelet which I forgot to remove. what is the weight limit for detection ? is it a crime to be detected? the same with a necklace.

Submitted by A Soldier's Father on

With all of the things that are confiscated at the airports such as mouthwashes, shampoos, deodorants, etc. why can't something be done to get these things to our sons and daughters in Iraq?

These kids would love to receive things like this instead of them being sold at outlets or thrown away.

TSA is a joke in our area. The line is VERY long, the "agents" are terribly over-weight so they couldn't use any force if they had to; most have a highschool education AT BEST, incredibly lazy. TSA in the "big" airports is a joke; 3-6 people checking 10k passengers a day per station; invest in better technology; the GE scan machines are doing all the work anyway. Like most everything else, you pay someone $7 an hour, you get $7 an hour kinda help. Adding the "quality" of people we currently have at TSA is not an "investment" into our country nor our safety; typical goverment waste. The technology is available for efficency and accuracy and safety it just needs to be use; but I'm sure there's lobbiest everywhere preventing this from happening because most of the TSA agents I have seen have been from a minority sector. We can send a man to the moon, but we can't get efficent TSA, we can't allow cars to get 50MPG... it's all "politics"... the land of "opportunity" has blinded the public - do you REALLY think this is the America of our forefathers. You want safe air travel.. buy an airplane - but the govt. will bugger that up with fees eventually too... but I digress... in closing, the current TSA situation is window dressing that actually thwarts no real dangers.

Kip, you said you'd like to "get TSA and passengers back on the same side..."

We are on different sides, and that is as it should be. TSA was created to provide a service to the traveling public. You are paid to do your job of serving the traveler. We passengers pay in order to receive travel services.

There are two sides; yours those being paid to serve, and ours those who have paid for service.

From top mgt down to the screener we passengers "feel" the TSA culture-of-authority right down to our toes.

You folks deliver service like the "Soup Nazi". Passengers are constantly being reminded by TSA to behave, and comply, or else we hear; “You no fly today!”

You do not have to treat us the way you. I understand your desire for us to be on the same side.

You want us to learn how to behave, comply, and move along.

Evolution Blog Team Member: I have three questions:

1. My TSA approved locks have been broken several times. Were are TSA keys to open them? I pay taxes, and follow the rules, why does TSA do whatever they want?

2. Why is each airport rules different? McDonald's hamburgers are all the same in each state (in the beef).

3. What does TSA do with all seized items?

Submitted by Lookslikeaterro... on

I fly about 2-3 times a year. I am in my 40's, have a beard and darkish skin. Many people think I "look like Osama". After 9/11 I expected to be hassled more often than others....to my surprise this was totally not the case. I have always been treated very courteously. I am actually pretty impressed with how friendly and efficient the TSA people are. Makes me all the more proud to be an American. We do many things wrong, but we also do many things right in our country. Way to go TSA!

This may help, but I doubt it what with the current political madness to be politically correct and your censorship which is contrary to the 1st ammendment and the right to free speach.

Sometimes I Wonder...

Please pause a moment, reflect back, and take the following multiple choice test. The events are actual events from history. They actually happened! Do you remember?

1. 1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by

c. The Boy Scouts

5. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:
a. A pizza delivery boy
b. Pee Wee Herman
c. Geraldo Rivera
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

6. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by:
a. The Smurfs
b. Davey Jones
c. The Little Mermaid
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

7. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by:
a. Captain Kidd

c. Michael Jordan

10. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:
a. Mr. Rogers
b. Hillary Clinton, to distract attention from Wild Bill's women problems
c. The World Wrestling Federation
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

11. On 9/11/01 , four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take out the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers. Thousands of people were killed by:
a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd
b. The Supreme Court of Florida
c Mr. Bean

12. In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:
a. Enron
b. The Lutheran Church
c. The NFL

13. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:
a. Bonnie and Clyde
b. Captain Kangaroo
c. Billy Graham
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

Nope, .I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you? So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people. They must conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents who are members of the President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winning and former Governor Joe Foss, but leave Muslim Males between the ages 17 and 40 alone lest they be guilty of profiling. Let's send this to as many people as we can so that the Gloria Aldreds and other dunder-headed attorneys along with Federal Justices that want to thwart common sense, feel doubly ashamed of themselves -- if they have any such sense. As the writer of the award winning story "Forrest Gump" so aptly put it, "Stupid is as stupid does."

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.410 / Virus Database: 268.16.10/626 - Release Date: 1/14/2007

Submitted by Gary Scott on

I flew into Miami International on 6 January 2008, and went through screening for a connecting flight.

The woman sitting at the x-ray machine saw *something* she needed to ask a question about, and I got to stand in the blocked line for over 5 minutes as various of her peers/supervisors came to see what she was talking about.

The problem was, no one could understand her. She couldn't speak enough English for one out of maybe half a dozen coworkers to understand what she was talking about. I'm conversant in three languages and couldn't understand her, either.

If you hire people with such marginal English skills, how thorough is the rest of your vetting process? How well could she have understood her training? At any rate, it could have been a suitcase nuke and she couldn't have told anyone...

Do better.

First off, I think for the most part your people have a difficult job to do, and receive little to no thanks for doing it. I have a coupla questions I have been wanting to ask but did not know how or who to ask.
I travel with a CPAP machine, and it is always searched and checked for explosives. Most screeners are polite about it. But sometimes I get screeners who will yell at the top of their lungs " Hey, we got a CPAP here" and proceed to have a group of screeners surround me while my machine is checked. This happens at the same airports ( Chicago Midway mostly )while at the same time, my laser tape measure that I carry everywhere I go has never been checked. I would think that this poses a greater security risk than my CPAP. Questions are 1) Why is the CPAP considered such a special item and 2) why would my laser tape never be questioned? Thank you.

I think this is an unfortunate and wasteful use of my tax dollars.

I'd rather see my tax dollars go toward TSA hiring more screeners in high-traffic areas (those 2 hour lines of people holding their shoes are ridiculous) and train the ones you have to stop the jibberjabber and gossiping with each other and actually DO their jobs, and do them more efficiently.

But, as with much of the government lately, we get posturing and PR, instead of anything that will actually improve our travel experience or safety.

Call me NOT IMPRESSED.

TSA is a joke. Are you telling me in THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, the planet's technology leader, that our security depends upon some minimum-wage worker staring into a fluoroscope screen for 8 hours at a time?

If Google or Apple or Oracle were in charge of security, all passengers, luggage, and cargo would be screened with 100% reliability, completely surreptitiously, without any resulting delays.

Instead, we have Denny's rejects inspecting our shoes whilst containers of uninspected cargo are put aboard.

Useless idiots.

Submitted by Vtkingc on

I have a common name. I am stopped every time I fly because it is on the no fly list. Can't you link my address and name to a good guy list and get me off the bad guy list?

I am an infrequent flyer and am well pleased with , what I see an a huge and thankless job that you folks do in difficult circumstances. Thank You
Dave Stanley, stanfish@wildblue.net

Submitted by Rep4amerpublic on

As a 15 year road warrior, it is so frightening to say the U.S. is spending all of our money in the wrong places. The things that are taking place, the lines, the scans, taking away of multiplepersonal items, etc., is just so very hard to watch, and even harder, to have watched it evolve since September 11th. Every time the U.S. begins a new TSA campaign, doesn't our National Security team and our President know that "they" are likely researching everything they can, to find, develop and use a method that clealry no one could ever comprehend? Just like we all could have never comprehended the events that took place on that day...never could we have imagined what someone could be capable of doing...on our own soil!! We are spending billions of dollars inscreening, when our intelligence could be spending billions to uncover who and where, and take care of the problem. What ever comes next will be the unconsionable for US citizens.

And I must comment, the knife and weapon case at Ohio, Cleveland or Cincinnati (I don't recall), is laughable.

I USED TO FLY ALL THE TIME. NOW I FLY AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE. IT IS OBVIOUS TO MOST PEOPLE THE TSA IS ONLY THERE FOR 1 REASON...TO MAKE THE FLYERS LIFE MISERABLE AND TO TRY TO SCARE PEOPLE...

Submitted by Bryan T - St Louis on

My number one complaint, and I travel 10 times or more a year dealing with security both ways -- Rude TSA people. I know the drill. I come prepared. There is absolutely no call for rudeness. I have had TSA people be rude just because they can be. Yet I have never been stopped, had a bag further inspected, etc. despite travelling with my laptop. I understand the seriousness of the job, but the attitude has to go. If I come prepared, treat you professionally, you need to do the same. After all, you are the one inconveniencing me. I am not inconveniencing you -- it's your job!

Chairs should be made available outside the security line for people who have difficulty bending and stooping so that they can more easily remove their shoes. These are folks who do not need a wheelchair but who sometimes opt for one because they can't balance themselves well enough to remove their shoes while standing. In addition, disposable booties should be available at every security checkpoint. It is not healthy to walk through an unsanitary area in barefeet or sockfeet and then put your shoes back on.

I know the TSA screeners have a very difficult important job. I recently traveled to Atlanta. The screeners in Omaha and Atlanta did a wonderful job of moving the lines through as quickly and safely as humanly possible. However, I think that they should change the rules and discontinue confiscating obviously new un-opened water or soda.

Many issues with TSA:
1) no consistency from airport to airport..i.e. some airports make me take my shoes off some don't
2) if liquids are dangerous why can we by bottled water past security in gift shops...i.e. if the bottled water can be screened in gifts shops why can't they screen passengers water bottles

It seems that every 15 minutes, a friendly voice over airport intercoms declares that unattended luggage will be confiscated. Have any seized luggage EVER yielded tools or weapons useful to would-be “evil doers”?

I think that screeners, especially at international airports, could use some additional training on dealing with people who do not speak English. I witnessed a poor man who cleary spoke no English get yelled at by a screener. She seemed to think that the louder she told the man to dispose of his water the more he would understand. I know these screeners have a tough job, but they need to remember that they work in the screening process all day but others may not be familiar with it and it is confusing. Treating passengers like idiots for not knowing the process is not the right way to handle a situation.

I have no problem abiding by the TSA rules but shouldn't all airports use the same rules? Some airports require all liquids in a plastic bag be taken out of carry-ons and some don't. Some require sweaters be taken off and some don't. A rule is a rule and all airport should be standard to the flying public knows and is ready and doesn't hold up the line.

Why do the TSA Screeners make parents remove shoes from toddlers? Adult's I could kind of get due to the likes of Richard Reid, even though I think at large having to remove a persons shoes is nonsense.

Why not profile those who are the highest risk such as those of middle eastern descent? Those in our goverment forgot it was Muslims that crashed those planes into the WTC not your every day American. I am a fan of profiling in the name of national security, I do not believe it is racist or unfair in the least.

It's time that elderly flyers with joint replacements and persons wearing insulin pumps, for instance, not be isolated, separated from the line. Is this being worked on?

I can't believe we're such an idiotic nation that we prevent 4 oz bottles of contact solution from entering the plane. Where's the security common sense?

Consistently courteous TSA employees and rules that make sense would go a long way. I don't travel often, but I seem to recall that at some larger airports, I must leave my luggage to be checked in an open area until TSA gets around to screening it. What is that? Also, the overzealous patrols of the passenger loading and unloading areas. What do you think can happen in that loading/unloading zone that can't also occur a lane or two over in the parking garage? Upon waiting for an arrival, my wife and I, along with many other people also waiting for the arrival, were told to step back approximately 15 feet from where we had been waiting for 20 minutes, so that we could be behind a line that had a mesh chain gate that I guess could be closed. But as I mention, it was a mesh gate, with large openings. Exactly what was that intended to stop and why after waiting 20 minutes were we told to step back all of 15 feet?
Rules that make sense would be nice.
TSA employees, remember that for some of the people you see, this may well be their first flight ever. They are unfamiliar with the entire process. Others travel infrequently and may not recall everything.

The background check for bag checkers must be more stringent.

I find it unbelievable that I am scared to check my bags in at the airport because I am afraid that the TSA bag handlers will steal items from my bags. It has happened to me more than once.

TSA never takes responsibility. TSA claims they have no idea what is going on. TSA claims to protect national security, but cannot protect my 50 dollar bottle of cologne from its own employees.

Complaints to the airlines fall on deaf ears as they claim that they do not handle the bags once they are checked, that is TSA's job.

I believe you are doing a great job in the ratio of passengers and time restraints. There is no perfection in any agency and I dare any other federal agency to prove otherwise. You are in the spotlight. Each staged (intentionally planned caper to catch you in error) event is publicised and aired to make you look bad. That is unjust and unfair

Passing through a checkpoint with a group of Boy Scouts, I was asked for my id. I presented my FAA id card hanging around my neck. The screener responded, "You need a government-issued form of id." I thought it was a joke, so I made the unfortunate mistake of chuckling and asking if he had ever heard of the FAA. "Do you want to fly today?" So I dug out my drivers license and was "allowed" to pass.

I know that it can be tough dealing with the flying public all day long, but none of you were forced to take the job, right? This kind of rude and arrogant behovior does nothing to advance your cause; it only makes you look like a bunch of idiots.

Quoted: "Each Airport (LA, Vegas, Tucson, San Francisco, Phoenix, Salt Lake City...etc) seems to choose which rules to enforce. Some what the plastic bags out, shoes on, some don't care.

Consistency is what everyone is asking for.

We're tired of guessing what airport will enforce which rules."

The easy answer is: instead of worrying about which airports enforce which rules, go to the TSA website, look at the rules and follow ALL of them. Done. No problems at the checkpoint.

For the moderators... Great site but really disorganized. Took me 10 minutes to figure out how to post and where the links were. Then I find the "Post a comment" link at the top of the page. Since most people read from the top to the bottom, the link should also be at the bottom of the page instead of having to go all the way back up. When I did click the link I'm sent to another page which has more comments that weren't even on the main page.... What's up with that?

well if people would only read and no what not to bring along they wouldnt be frisked some people i really dont under stand they think ther god of something they can do what they want i think your doing a good job i never have any problems i read to see what i can bring on.

In my opinion, the TSA employees I have encountered at airports in the USA present an overbearing, uncompromising attitude toward the public. They also appear to be an unpleasant sort of individual, and present an aire of incomnpetence. These are the the reasons that I have essentially quit using commercial aviation for travel. I have resorted to using my own aircraft, rater than tolerate the long lines and un pleasant atmosphere one finds in commercial airport terminals these days.

What does TSA really stand for? Certainly not Security. Your model is designed to catch the crazies and innocent victims with the wrong ethinicity, not the intelligent with bad intentions.

I wish TSA could be more consistent across the board. I fly 3x a week and NO ONE airport is the same. It drives me nuts. At many airports, you keep the boarding pass out and many you put it away. Alot of times they tell me that I can keep my conact solution away because its medicine and other times its liquid that must come out and cant be over 3 ounces. What drive me the most nuts is on two conseutive days when I will wear the same thing and at one airport they make me take it off and at another they dont.

My last comment would be, why do they not have a "business person" screening lane? For those of us that know we need to take our lap tops out, shoes off, etc...Might make it alot easier for the TSA and us. Just a thought

TOURCHARED AT AIRPORT SCREENING, watch the video by requesting at copy at http://www.nfta.com/foil.asp . The video time you want is 10:33-11:01 am on Monday 10/29/2007 . I do not think their is any chance that TSA will actually post this. Nevertheless, here is the truth, if you want real security at the airport then fly Southwest, the rest is Security Theater.

On 10/29/2007 I tried to fly to California for much needed medical attention for a very rare and extreme painful medical condition. I went to the Southwest ticket window, ask to see a supervisor, and ask permission to fly their airline.

The Southwest Manager (in the nicest, most professional way) looked over my medical documentation, asked the needed questions, and escorted me to the security area with her boss, the head of operations for Southwest at Buffalo international airport because TSA personal “are not required to read medical documentation” before screening a passenger, TSA Manager.

The Southwest representatives spent a lot of time going over everything with TSA and the NFTA police. Then I went for my screening which they video taped. My medical condition was trigger; the police (which I can agree was a misunderstanding) handcuffed me.

I was screaming in extreme pain, all anyone had to do was open a medical book I thoroughly went over with the Southwest representatives "The concise book of trigger points" turn to page 93 to see that it recommends trigger point release, then look at page 92 to see where to put the trigger point release device and press down.

My extreme pain would have been lowered to where I would have stopped screaming. One police offer at least tried, but did not open the book. She was within inches, but could not find the right spot (could have very easily if she just looked at the book).

Anyway, I am screaming my head off for well over 12 minutes, the TSA Manager knows that my device would greatly reduce my pain; he even looked it up on the internet, but did not say anything to the police or EMS people.

If you really want the truth about how people with disabilities are treated at the airport watch the video.

Why does the TSA keep people form flying if they just dislike the president?

I feel sorry for Naomi. A true Jewish american at heart and she isn't even a real terrorist and she is on your list just because she exercises her freedom of free speech.

It seems to me that we are approaching this the wrong way. The citizens are being overly checked and the illegals are getting in and out as they please. If we took as much time and effort and money and used it to seal or borders, the checks on citizens could be a lot less. Take care of the illegal problem and the job will be a lot eaiser...

As a flyer with a knee implant, I am always checked with a handwand. I recently flew with my hubby and 7 year old grandson who had never been through security before. We flew out of MHT into MCO and back. We were all treated with the utmost respect and courtesy and I cannot say enough about how little trouble we had. Thank you folks for all that you do (and for the gripes you have to put up with!)

Anon, but one very satisfied air traveller!

My 2 cents on the issue is that TSA officers tend to use bullying language and manners in order for you to comply with non-regulations. The example I offer is that one day I was travelling with mobility devices (walking sticks) to assist since my L5 was out and I couldn't walk and stand straight. The screener first stated that the sticks would not be allowed, to which I said that I just read the web site, and countered that they were allowed. He countered back by stating that he could pull out the regs and show them to me... to which (and this is a quote), as I began to reach into my back pocket to pull them out I said, "Oh really? So can I. How about we compare them and see what they say?"

His response was a gruff snort, and waved me on rudely.

My interpretation from this was that he was attempting to bully me into compliance, but once he realized that I was going to hold him to the rules, he quickly gave up. This attitude seems to pervade the "inspection process"... and I urge the TSA to "remove the attitude". This would go far in improving your customer service (IMHO).

Submitted by Disgrutled American on

Taking off your shoes is ridulous and ludicris. It should be stopped. Because some nut had a shoe bomb doesnt mean we should be embarassed and incovienced. I believe it is fruitless. We should revaluate the security measures and go back to customer service and satisfaction. There has got to be a better way.

Submitted by Rckoch on

As a regular traveler, I would be interested in learning how TSA deals with the occaisional employee who has bully tendencies and "wants to be in law enforcement". I recently had a very unpleasant screening experience with a young man who was clearly on a personal power trip and enjoyed tearing my computer bag apart, swabbing it, and leaving the contents in a messy huge pile. Is there any internal personnel process that can identify these few rogue empoyees?

Submitted by Mexican on

I fly mainly through two airports: MSP and MCI. They have VERY different TSA people there. MSP are extremely rude, actually yelling at people and acting as if the people they serve and pay their salaries are 3 year olds. I have never seen such a sight when a 30something year old (TSA screener) get into a 80 year old gentleman's face and light him up like he was an infant misbehaving. Not only did no one do anything about it, the rest of them condoned it and his supervisor backed him up. He wasn't acting suspicious, there wasn't a security threat, there was no reason to do what he did. I am a trained military officer, so I too am trained to pinpoint threats and suspicious behavior. They were all extremely rude and enjoyed it. As for MCI, they are very friendly and cooperative. They know we don't want to take off our shoes, belts, give up our wallets, etc but they are smiling and friendly about it, so no one seems to mind the inconvenience. They even thanked me for my service and shook my hand. No there is something that the MSP folks could learn from.

I bought a special TSA approved lock at Brookstone in bright yellow that wrapped around the outside of my suitcase. It worked fine for the first two trips...but when I left Philadephia airport and arrived in Austin, Tx, it had been cut and dumped inside my bag. Why?

To the idiot above who said "I would gladly give up 30 minutes of my travel day to feel safer," you are what's wrong with this whole process. You only FEEL safer. The goons working for the TSA have no idea how to actually MAKE us safer, so they need to create the illusion of safety.

I cannot wait until the TSA is disbanded and Kip is locked up.

Does anyone who works for the TSA actually have the stones to stand up to your gang?

Submitted by Glen on

I look forward to some sort of expedited screening process for people who travel a lot.

I also look forward to TSA adopting basic customer service attitude. If people are treated kindly, not as cattle, they most often will respond in kind.

Submitted by Lonm on

I understand the need for higher security due to the terrorism. I have absolutly no problem with it. But my complaint is that I bought those 'special TSA locks' (twice) and when I received my luggage at the end of my trip, either the locks were broken or were missing. As a frequent flyer, I'm not going to spend $10 every time I fly (about once a week) to have my locks mishandled. They have enough time to unlock the locks, open and search the bags, why do they not have enough time to put my locks back on. These locks appear to be nothing but a scam.

Please put in carpeting at the screening points where the passengers cannot wear shoes. It is cold, hard and often slippery walking through the metal detectors in socks or barefoot.