Travelers around the country are moving through airports with greater ease as a result of TSA Pre✓®, the expedited screening program that allows pre-approved travelers to leave on their shoes, light outerwear and beltsand keep laptops in their case. TSA Pre✓® is now at more than 115 U.S. airports and with nine air carriers (Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, US Airways and Virgin America). But we have no intention of stopping there—we are looking for more opportunities to expand the TSA Pre✓® population every day.
To date, tens of millions of passengers have enjoyed shorter screening times as a result of TSA Pre✓®.
Travelers interested in applying for TSA Pre✓® should go here to begin the pre-enrollment process. All TSA Pre✓® program applicants must then visit an application center - like the new center at Washington Dulles International Airport - in person to verify their identity and citizenship/immigration status as well as to provide biographical information, (e.g. name, date of birth, address, etc.) and fingerprints. You can find a full listing of the more than 200 TSA Pre✓® applications centers here. TSA Pre✓® is just one way we are moving away from the one-size fits all security. But don’t just take our word for it.
Below is a sampling of what people across the country have been saying recently about TSA Pre✓®:
- DallasMorning News: Editorial: Making airline security less of a headache
- New YorkTimes: PreCheck Meets Its Goal, and Prepares to Expand
- NJ StarLedger: A less frustrating way to fly: Editorial
- USA Today: TSAexpands Pre-check for the military
- AlbuquerqueJournal: Faster travel via new ABQ PreCheck office
- CNN: Keepyour shoes, jackets on: TSA to expand pre-screening program
- FOX News: Your questions answered: Does TSA Pre✓® really make security faster?
- Portland Tribune: Efficiency part of PDX flight plan
- WCCO-TV (Minneapolis): Is TSA Pre✓® Status Worth It?
- Salt Lake Tribune: Salt Lake airport opens faster security line program
How do you like PreCheck? Share your feedback about your TSA Pre✓® experience on Twitter by using the hashtag #TSAprecheck.
If you have a travel related issue or question that needs an immediate answer, you can contact us by clicking here.