The TSA Pre✓® application program has reached a new milestone with more than 1 million travelers enrolled! Now at more than 330 application centers nationwide, including locations at 31 airports, it is easier than ever to apply for expedited screening.
Operating since October 2011, TSA Pre✓® is an expedited screening program that enables low-risk travelers to enjoy a smart and efficient screening experience.
TSA Pre✓® travelers may:
- Leave shoes on.
- Wear light outerwear and a belt through the metal detector.
- Leave their laptop in their carry-on bag.
- Leave 3-1-1 compliant liquids/gels bag in their carry-on bag.
The TSA Pre✓® application program allows U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents to directly apply for TSA Pre✓®. Once approved, travelers will receive a “Known Traveler Number” and will have the opportunity to utilize TSA Pre✓® lanes at 133 U.S. airports when flying on 11 participating carriers:
- Air Canada
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- Hawaiian Airlines
- JetBlue Airways
- Southwest Airlines
- Sun Country Airlines
- United Airlines
- US Airways
- Virgin America
- The $85 enrollment fee is good for five years. That’s $17 a year. So what are you waiting for? Apply now for TSA Pre✓®
- Read the full press release for additional information.
- For more information about other trusted traveler programs that offer TSA Pre✓® eligibility, visit dhs.gov/tt .
- Read this post if you already have a known traveler number (KTN) but are not receiving TSA Pre✓®.
TSA Blog Team
If you have a travel related issue or question that needs an immediate answer, you can contact us by clicking here.