About TSA PreCheck®
TSA PreCheck® is an expedited screening program that makes risk assessments about passengers prior to their arrival at an airport checkpoint. TSA PreCheck® enhances aviation security and provides a better travel experience. The program has expanded to approximately 200 airports across the country and millions of passengers have enjoyed the benefits of this program since its inception.
TSA PreCheck® is a component of TSA’s intelligence-driven, risk-based security approach used to provide the most effective security in the most efficient way.
Who is Eligible?
Eligible TSA PreCheck® travelers include:
- U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents enrolled in TSA PreCheck®.
- Members of Global Entry.
- U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents who are members of SENTRI.
- U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents and Canadian citizens who are members of NEXUS.
- Members of the U.S. Armed Forces including those serving in the National Guard and reserves as well as government employees from select agencies.
- Cadets and midshipmen of the U.S. Military Academy, Naval Academy, Coast Guard Academy, Air Force Academy and Merchant Marine Academy.
- Passengers 12 and younger traveling with an eligible passenger.
- Passengers who are selected using existing Secure Flight system requirements while traveling on participating airlines.
Eligible passengers flying both domestically and outbound internationally from participating airports, as well as passengers with connecting domestic flights who arrive in the United States on an international flight, may use the TSA PreCheck® lanes when going
through the screening process.
Although these passengers are eligible for TSA PreCheck® benefits, TSA incorporates random and unpredictable security measures throughout the airport and no individual is guaranteed expedited screening.
Travelers are not required to remove:
- 3-1-1 compliant bag
- Light jacket/outerwear
- Laptop from bag
How It Works
Participating airlines will print TSA PreCheck® indicator on the boarding pass. Look for the indicator on the pass and dedicated TSA PreCheck® screening lanes at participating airports.
TSA PreCheck® Application Program
U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents can apply for TSA PreCheck® expedited screening benefits for a fee of $85, which is valid for five years. To apply for TSA PreCheck® or find a participating airport, visit tsa.gov.
There are currently 79 airlines who participate in the TSA PreCheck® program:
Aerolane Lineas Aereas Nacionales del Ecuador
Air Choice One
All Nippon Airways
Cathay Pacific Airways
Delta Air Lines
Key Lime Air
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
LAN Peru S.A.
Omni Air International
Southern Airways Express
Sun Country Airlines
Swiss International Air Lines
TAM-Linhas Aereas S.A.
TAP Air Portugal
Ultimate Jet Charters
Last Updated on May 19, 2021