LINTHICUM, Md. – A new TSA Pre✓® application center is now open inside Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI). Area residents who are headed to the airport to catch a flight can now apply for the popular expedited screening program while they are in the terminal. In addition, travelers who want to apply, but are not flying that day may also enroll at the airport’s application center.
The quick application process allows U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents to enroll directly in the TSA Pre✓® expedited screening program, which allows travelers to leave on their shoes, light outerwear and belt, keep their laptop in its case and their 3-1-1 compliant liquids/gels bag in a carry-on in select airport screening lanes.
Travelers are able to go through a five-minute pre-enrollment process online and complete their seven-minute background interview at the new application center, located on the lower level of Terminal E between entrance doors 15 and 16. The application center is located on the lower level, so no boarding pass is needed to visit the application center, which is open daily Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Other locations in Maryland where travelers can enroll in TSA Pre✓® include:
- IndentoGo Office at 2200 Broening Highway, Suite 110, Baltimore, MD 21224, inside the Point Breeze Business Center, Mondays through Fridays from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- IdentoGo Office at 3817 Eastern Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21224, Mondays through Fridays from 9 a.m. to noon and from 1 to 6 p.m.
- IdentoGo Office at 6700 Alexander Bell Drive, Suite 200, Columbia, MD 21046, Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- IdentoGo Office at 10440 Little Patuxent Parkway, Suite 900, Columbia, MD 21044, Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The TSA Pre✓® application process allows U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents to go through a quick pre-enrollment process online and visit an application center to provide biographic information (e.g., name, date of birth, address, etc.), fingerprints, payment and valid required identity and citizenship/immigration documentation. All TSA Pre✓® program applicants must visit an application center in person to verify their identity and citizenship/immigration status as well as to provide fingerprints.
The TSA Pre✓® application program requires a background check, fingerprints, and an application fee of $85 for a five-year membership. Once approved, travelers will receive a Known Traveler Number and will have the opportunity to utilize TSA Pre✓® lanes at security checkpoints at more than 180 participating airports and on 18 major airlines including: Aeromexico, Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, Allegiant Airlines, American Airlines, Cape Air, Delta Air Lines, Etihad Airways, Frontier, Hawaiian Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Lufthansa Airlines, Seaborne Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Sun Country Airlines, United Airlines, Virgin America and WestJet.
Five simple steps to enroll in and use TSA Pre✓®:
- Complete an online application.
- Schedule an appointment at a TSA Pre✓® application center.
- Visit the TSA Pre✓® application center, pay the $85 fee, provide valid government identification and fingerprints.
- A Known Traveler Number will be sent to you via U.S. mail or can be obtained online.
- Once successfully enrolled, provide your Known Traveler Number in the “Known Traveler Number” field when making airline reservations.
As always, TSA continues to incorporate random and unpredictable security measures throughout the airport and no individual will be guaranteed expedited screening.
Additional information on the program and how to enroll can be found online.