BRIDGEPORT, W.Va – Residents of northern West Virginia will be able to enroll in the Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) popular TSA Pre✓® application program at the North Central West Virginia Airport (CKB) the week of May 1 to 5, where officials are hosting a temporary TSA Pre✓® Application Center.
This application process allows U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents to enroll directly in TSA Pre✓®, an expedited screening program that allows travelers to keep on items such as their shoes, light outerwear and belts at the checkpoint. They can also keep their laptop in its case and their 3-1-1 compliant liquids/gels bag in a carry-on, in select TSA airport checkpoint screening lanes. More than 180 airports are participated in TSA Pre✓® nationwide and 30 airlines participate in the program.
How to enroll
- Make an appointment online and pre-enroll online. It typically takes less than 10 minutes to pre-enroll.
- To enroll, type in the location “Bridgeport, WV” for the location and click on the search button to select the enrollment site for North Central West Virginia Airport. Applicants can select an appointment time using the drop down menu to choose a date and time. The drop-down menu will show the first open time available, but individuals can choose a different date and/or time using that drop-down menu.
- Visit the temporary TSA Pre✓® application center at the appointment time or as a walk-in at the application center which will be located in the airport lower level conference room between the rotunda and baggage claim area.
Temporary TSA Pre✓® application center hours
- Monday through Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 3 to 7 p.m.
- Thursday and Friday from 7 to 11 a.m. and noon to 4 p.m.
Individuals who are coming to the airport to enroll will be directed by signage to available parking. Please bring parking ticket to the temporary enrollment center for validation.
Required documentation and fees
Applicants must bring documentation proving identity and citizenship status. To view this list, you can visit the Universal Enroll website for a list of required documents to prove identity and citizenship.
The application fee is $85 and is good for a five years. It must be paid at the time of your appointment by credit card, money order, company check or certified/cashier’s check. Cash and personal checks are not accepted. The submission of fingerprints is also required during the in-person enrollment session.
Once enrolled in TSA Pre✓®
Successful applicants will receive a known traveler number (KTN) via U.S. mail within a few weeks that is valid for five years. The enrollee should enter the provided KTN in the “known traveler number” field when booking airline reservations. The KTN also can be added when booking reservations online via a participating airline website, via phone call to the airline reservation center, or with the travel management company making reservations. Additionally, the KTN can be entered in participating airline frequent flyer profiles, where it will be stored for future reservations.
To get additional information about TSA Pre✓®, visit the frequently asked questions page on the TSA website.