The TSA Pre✓® application program allows eligible travelers the opportunity to receive expedited screening at approximately 200 participating U.S. airports while traveling on 65 participating airlines.
- Travel with confidence and enjoy a more predictable experience.
- It’s a convenient, more efficient security screening process.
No need to remove
- 3-1-1 compliant bag
- Light jacket/outerwear
- Laptop from bag
How to Apply
- Visit tsa.gov to learn more about the TSA Pre✓® application program. You can pre-enroll and make an appointment online or walk-in at an application center to apply.
- To apply for TSA Pre✓®, travelers must go in person to an application center to provide required information, documentation and fingerprints.
- Applicants pay a non-refundable $85 fee to cover the cost of background checks.
- Individuals who apply directly through the TSA Pre✓® Application Program will receive written notification within two to three weeks after the in-person appointment. Many individuals are approved several days after completing the in-person appointment, so you are encouraged to check your status online.
- Travelers with a known traveler number begin to enjoy expedited screening at participating airports nationwide.
- Add the known traveler number to each participating airline profile or provide it when making air travel reservations. The name used when applying for TSA Pre✓® must match the name used when booking travel.
How It Works
A TSA Pre✓® indicator may be on the boarding pass when a traveler is eligible for expedited screening on a particular trip.
There are over 350 TSA Pre✓® application centers nationwide, including the following airport locations:
There are over 300 off airport locations. To find the location nearest you, visit tsa.gov/precheck.