What are the rules for handling a TWIC®?
- Protect your card by keeping it in the hard plastic case provided with your TWIC.
- Do not place or hang in direct sunlight (for example, do not place on dashboard, visor, or hang from rear view mirror of automobile).
- Do not flex, bend, or punch a hole in the card.
- Do not carry the TWIC in your wallet, as it is subject to bending.
- Do not laminate or apply any tape or labels to the TWIC.
- Do not punch a hole in the card to wear it on a string; use the card holder.
- Do not place the card near a magnet or in a strong magnetic field.Industrial magnets (e.g. scrap yards, container lifters, etc.) may damage a TWIC if it is in close proximity to the magnetic source.