Claims Management Branch
You may submit a claim to TSA by downloading and completing the TSA Claims Package located below.
Please Note the following:
- For lost or missing baggage, please contact your airline. Most airlines recommend reporting missing baggage immediately upon arrival.
- If you have a lost or missing item which you believe was left at a TSA Passenger Screening or Baggage Checkpoint, before filing a claim with TSA or your airline, please call Lost & Found.
- Additionally, TSA has sixteen airports that utilize private screening services and does not handle claims for incidents that occur at these airports. Claims pertaining to these airports must be filed directly with the company providing screener services at the applicable airport. To file a claim for an incident that occurred at one of these private screening airports, please select one of the following links:
- San Francisco, CA (www.covenantclaims.com)
- Kansas City, MO (www.firstlinets.com)
- Sioux Falls, SD (www.passengersfirst.com)
- Rochester, NY (www.vmd-mts.com)
- Tupelo, MS (www.passengersfirst.com)
- Jackson Hole, WY (www.jacksonholeairport.com)
- Key West, FL (www.vmd-mts.com)
- Sonoma, CA (www.passengersfirst.com)
- Roswell, NM (www.bossecurity-firstlineteam.com)
- Havre City-County, MT (www.passengersfirst.com)
- Lewistown, MT (www.passengersfirst.com)
- Glasgow, MT (www.passengersfirst.com)
- L.M. Clayton, MT (www.passengersfirst.com)
- Sidney-Richland, MT (www.passengersfirst.com)
- Dawson Community, MT (www.passengersfirst.com)
- Frank Wiley Field, MT (www.passengersfirst.com)
If you have a lost or damaged item AND you believe that TSA was responsible, you should file a claim with the TSA Claims Management Branch.
Use the SF-95 Tort Claim Package for all claims including property damage or loss. Download, read, and complete the forms in their entirety:
- SF-95 Tort Claim Package (pdf, 814Kb)
Where to Submit Forms
TSA Claims Management Branch
601 South 12th Street - TSA 9
Arlington, VA 20598-6009
Note: You may scan and e-mail your signed SF-95 Tort Claims Package. If you submit your claim via FAX or email, it may help expedite the claims process.
Once you have submitted a legally sufficient claim to TSA, (i.e. statement of fact, location, date, sum certain, and signature) you will receive an acknowledgment letter that will include a TSA control number and instructions. This control number should be used for any communication with the TSA Claims Management Branch.
¹ Sioux Falls, SD: Claims for incidents that occured prior to 2/5/2006 should be sent to the TSA Claims Management Office. For incidents that occured on or after 2/5/2006 - 12/31/2010, claims should be sent to the Covenant Claims. (www.covenantclaims.com) For incidents that occured on or after 1/1/2012, claims should be sent to the Passengersfirst. (www.passengersfirst.com)
² Tupelo, MS: Claims for incidents that occured prior to 5/16/2006 should be sent to Covenant Claims. (www.covenantclaims.com) Claims for incidents that occured on or after 5/16/2006 should be sent to Passengersfirst. (www.passengersfirst.com)
3 Key West, FL and Rockester, NY: Claims for incidents that occurred prior to 10/1/2012 should be sent to www.mcneilraytheonteam.com.