TSA Fourth of July Travel Tips 2018

Thursday, June 28, 2018
Patriotic Suitcases

Arrive Early: TSA is projecting one of the busiest Fourth of July travel periods on record! TSA officers will screen 28.3 million passengers and crew from June 28 – July 9, 2018. The upcoming holiday travel period will bring some of the busiest checkpoint screening days of the year for TSA. On Friday, June 29, TSA projects to screen approximately 2.7 million passengers and crew. It’s possible that TSA will set a new record for the busiest single day ever on this date.

Prepare For Your Travel: Be sure to read our TSA's 5 Essential Summer Travel Tips for your upcoming travel! Learn about traveling with foods, powders, liquids, sunscreen and how to apply for TSA Pre✓® expedited screening at the checkpoint. Be sure to listen to the instructions of the TSA officers to get through the checkpoint as smoothly as possible.

Leave Your Fireworks at Home: Fireworks and firecrackers are explosive and flammable, so in an effort to keep the skies safe, fireworks are prohibited from being transported in both carry-on and checked bags. TSA is responsible for enforcing this FAA rule by intercepting these items during screening. It’s important that you leave your fireworks at home. They will not be permitted on commercial aircraft. This includes aerial repeater fireworks, aerial shell fireworks, firecrackers, flying spinners, chasers, fountains, bottle rockets, ground spinners, parachute fireworks, poppers, snaps, skyrockets, missiles, roman candles, smoke fireworks, snakes, strobes, sparklers, wheels, you name it…

Have a TSA Related Question? AskTSA: We have a team of TSA employees who are ready to answer your questions via Twitter at @AskTSA or via Facebook Messenger 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET daily. If you don’t like all this newfangled technology, you can pick up a phone and call our contact center at 866-289-9673 or send us an email. Federal Relay: 711

Have Fun! Have a great Independence Day and be safe!

Bob Burns
TSA Social Media Team

Comments

Submitted by SSSS For Some Reason on

"... The upcoming holiday travel period will bring some of the longest checkpoint lines of the year for TSA."

FIFY.

Do the kids still say FIFY these days?

Submitted by Ms Vee on

Do I need my parents names on my birth certificate to become a tsa?

Submitted by Ms Vee on

Do I need my parents names on my birth certificate to become a tsa?

Submitted by West Cooper on

Ms. Vee sez - "Do I need my parents names on my birth certificate to become a tsa?"

As long as the birth certificate is valid, we can use it as part of the process. Even if the birth certificate is NOT valid, we have a process in place to help get you through the checkpoint without it.

Submitted by R Palm on

I’m not sure what the purpose is of paying for Precheck when they still make you take all electronics, cell charging cords, RTIC cups, laptop charging cords and more out at screening...

Submitted by Ms Vee on Mon, 2018-07-02 16:56
Do I need my parents names on my birth certificate to become a tsa?
..............................
Don't ruin your life and sign on with TSA. TSA is one of the worst rated agencies by the employees that work there. Want to be looked down on for life then work for TSA.

Detroit Pre TSA is closed, all employees like 10 plus standing around doing nothing at all.
My bag was pulled due to a breathing machine. The TSA employees just stood around and wasted my tax payer money and after several min another agent couldn’t even find the agent that pulled my stuff. He had to redo the entire inspection again. Alls I can say is trump needs to cut down on TSA waste and get rid of the bad employees wasting our tax money

Submitted by The Original "RB" on

Submitted by Anonymous on Mon, 2018-07-09 20:05
.............................

If they work for TSA then they are all bad. But I agree, get rid of the bad ones which would finally shut down a bad agency.

TSA was created from a knee jerk reaction by people who didn't really understand that the screeners on 9/11 did do there jobs properly, they allowed those dangerous items because the government allowed them. Government failed on 9/11 and now government is running airport security directly. Expect a major failure at some point.

Submitted by No Caps on

Submitted by The Original "RB" on Wed, 2018-07-11 10:29

Submitted by Anonymous on Mon, 2018-07-09 20:05
.............................

so according to the statistics provided 1/3 to 1/4 of tsa is us military in some form and gives preference to military veterans for hiring. so according to the original rb us military members and veterans are bad.