How do I request my official personnel folder?

Current TSA employees should access their records through the electronic OPF from a government computer. Access from non-government computers will be denied. Please work with your local management to request access to a government computer for your eOPF request.

In addition, you may request assistance from your facility’s Human Resource/Administrative Office. For additional information, please visit the Office of Personnel Management website.

Former federal civilian employees (the person of record) may obtain copies of most civilian and personnel medical records on file at the National Personnel Records Center, including copies of the Standard Form 50 (Personnel Action) via written request. Different release procedures apply for archival civilian personnel records. Please note, OPFs are retired to the center within 120 days after separation from federal employment. If less than 120 days have elapsed since separation, write to the last employing federal office.

Federal law 5 USC 552a(b) requires that all requests for personnel records and information be submitted in writing. Each request must be signed in cursive and dated within the last year. Please identify the documents or information needed and explain the purpose of your request.

Certain basic information needed to locate civilian personnel records includes the full name used during federal employment, date of birth, Social Security Number, name and location of employing federal agency, and beginning and ending dates of federal service.

Written requests must be signed and dated. Mail or fax to:

National Personnel Records Center, Annex
1411 Boulder Boulevard
Valmeyer, IL 62295

Fax: 618-935-3014