Passenger Support Specialists
You may request the services of a TSA Passenger Support Specialist (PSS), who can provide assistance through security screening. A PSS is a TSA officer who has received specialized training, including how to effectively assist and communicate with individuals with disabilities or medical conditions; and passengers who need additional screening assistance. Requesting PSS service does not exempt you from security screening.
To make the request, please contact us at least 72-hours prior to your departure by completing the TSA Cares form or calling TSA Cares at (855) 787-2227.
Airport wheelchair service is provided by your airline. TSA does not provide this service.
Examples where you may request PSS assistance may include:
- Difficulty following instructions due to a disability or medical condition.
- Have internal or external devices that may affect your ability to use screening technology.
- Traveling with medically necessary liquids, gels, or aerosols over 3.4oz.
- Traveling with a child who has a disability or medical condition.
- Traveling with a service animal.
- Difficulty understanding and communicating in English.
- Traveling with religious, cultural, sacred, or spiritual items, ceremonial regalia, and headdresses requiring special handling.
- Traveling with crematory remains.
The PSS program does not provide expedited screening service. Looking for expedited screening? You’ll find that here.
Your security experience will be smoother if you allow us to prepare for your needs. Contact TSA Cares at least 72 hours prior to your scheduled departure.