The Surface Transportation Cybersecurity Resource toolkit is a collection of documents designed to provide cyber risk management information to surface transportation operators who have fewer than 1,000 employees. The materials are drawn from three primary sources:
- National Institute of Standards and Technology Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity: A voluntary framework for reducing cyber risks in critical infrastructure. Read about the framework.
- Stop.Think.Connect: A national public awareness campaign aimed at increasing the understanding of cyber threats and empowering the American public to be safer and more secure online. Learn more about this campaign or email your inquiry.
- United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team: Responsible for improving the nation’s cybersecurity posture, coordinating cyber information sharing and managing cyber risks. Learn more and get the latest news about US-CERT.
Cybersecurity threats are real, and they can have real consequences for an organization’s operations and profitability. Exercising cybersecurity best practices help protect from potential damaging cyber-attacks.
Security Directives and Information Circulars
- Enhancing Rail Cybersecurity - SD 1580-21-01A
- Enhancing Rail Cybersecurity – SD 1580-21-01 (correction memo)
- Enhancing Public Transportation and Passenger Railroad Cybersecurity - SD 1582-21-01A
- Enhancing Public Transportation and Passenger Railroad Cybersecurity-SD 1582-21-01A (correction memo)
- Rail Cybersecurity Mitigation Actions and Testing - SD 1580/82-2022-01
- Rail Cybersecurity Mitigation Actions and Testing - SD 1580/82-2022-01 (correction memo)
- Security Directives Pipeline-2021-02C
- Enhancing Pipeline Cybersecurity - SD-Pipeline-2021-01B
- Enhancing Rail Cybersecurity - SD 1580-21-01
- Enhancing Public Transportation and Passenger Railroad Cybersecurity - SD 1582-21-01
- Enhancing Surface Transportation Cybersecurity - IC 2021-01
- Pipeline Cybersecurity Mitigation Actions, Contingency Planning, and Testing- SD-Pipline-2021-02B
- Pipeline - Table of Implementation Timeframes - Attachment 1 to SD-Pipeline-2021-02B
- Information Circular (IC) to Enhance Pipeline Cyber Security (IC Pipeline-2022-02)