What is the regulatory timeline?
- This rule becomes effective September 21, 2020.
- Regulated entities must notify TSA of their applicability determination October 21, 2020.
- Regulated entities must report to TSA the names and contact information of a security coordinator and an alternate security coordinator October 28, 2020
- Regulated entities must provide their training plans to TSA by June 21, 2021.
- Owner/operators must ensure employees in security sensitive positions complete initial training within one (1) year of TSA approving their training program. Owner/operators that submitted a program by March 21, 2021, must ensure employees in security sensitive positions complete training within 15 months of TSA approving their training program.
- Employees in sensitive-security jobs must receive recurrent training at least once every three years.